Another way of discovering Touraine. You will be received ‘as a friend’ by private individuals, who will offer, in a restful setting, overnight accommodation, breakfast and sometimes ‘Table d’hôte’ meals prepared by the hosts. We have also selected 2 high quality restaurants, as well as visits to castles and sites representative of Touraine’s treasures.
Stages have been carefully selected to cover a great part of Touraine’s wealth of attractions, from the West to East passing through the South.
- Arrival during the afternoon.
- Unaccompanied visit of the Balzac Museum in Saché, where the writer has written many of his books.
- Dinner and accommodation in Gîtes de France® B & B near Azay-le-Rideau.
- Unaccompanied visit of the Azay-le-Rideau Castle. Built on an island in the middle of the Indre river in the XVIth century, this castle has survived without any major alteration. Its brilliant architecture epitomises the new ideal of the Renaissance.
- Unaccompanied visit to the Gardens of Villandry. Unique in France : the "Water Garden", the Decorative Pleasure Garden" with the "Garden of Love", the "Music Garden', the “Jardin des simples” herb garden and the ornamental vegetable garden.
- Dinner in a gastronomic restaurant and night in a B & B near Azay-le-Rideau.
Free time. We suggest the discovery of southern Touraine and the Brenne ponds (about 2200), in the Indre region. These ponds contain exceptional fauna and flora.
- Dinner and night in the Charnizay B&B.
- Unaccompanied visit of the Chenonceau Castle . French Renaissance gem, the Chenonceau château was built in 1513 by Thomas Bohier, tax collector for François the 1st. Constructed on the foundations of a fortified mill, it has retained its keep
- Afternoon free. You can stroll through the Touraine vineyards and take a boat trip on the Cher.
- Dinner and night in B&B Gîtes de France® near Amboise.
- Unaccompanied visit of the Royal Castle of Amboise. Following in the steps of great French kings, you will discover a prestigious château, bearing witness to Gothic and Renaissance architecture
- Afternoon free : you can visit the Clos Lucé Manor, where Leonardo da Vinci lived during the last three years of his life, and stroll through the town’s pedestrian streets. From May to mid October we recommend discovering the Chaumont-sur-Loire Garden Festival.
- Dinner in a gastronomic restaurant and night in the B&B.
- Breakfast and end of stay.
B&B Gîtes de France®
Price per person in a double room
Minimum 2 persons - Valid all year 2013
The price includes :
6 nights with breakfast in B&B Gîtes de France®
2 dinners in gastronomic restaurants, of which one includes drinks
4 dinners 'table d'hotes' prepared by the B&B hosts, drinks included
Admission to the sites featured in the programme
The price does not include :
Drinks in one of the gastronomic restaurants
Admin costs of : 16.00 €
- Tel. : +33 (0)2 47 27 27 31
- Fax : +33 (0)2 47 48 13 39
- Loire Valley castles - Request