The art of the garden was born in the Loire Valley at the dawn of the XVIth century. In this region, in days gone by, the kings built their castles, embelished by parks and gardens. These creations have been perpetuated thanks to “gardners” or famous botanists such as Androuet du Cerceau, Le Nôtre, Mansart, etc.
You will discover the charm of the Italian gardens, the grandeur of French gardens, the romanticism of the English style gardens, the richness of the botanical gardens.
You will be staying in a small village near Azay-le-Rideau.
- Arrival in Touraine during the afternoon.
- Visit of the Rivau castle and gardens. Exceptional medieval castle with its drawbridge ans moat, surrounded by its 12 gardens inspired by fairy tales and legends.
- "Table d'hôtes" dinner with the B&B hosts and night in B&B Gîtes de France®.
- Breakfast at the B&B.
- Visit of the Chaumont sur Loire Garden Festival : All throufh the season, gardens designed on the 2013 theme "gardens of sensations".
- Unaccompagnied visit of the Chenonceau château. French Renaissance gem, the Chenonceau château was built in 1513 by Thomas Bohier, tax collector for François the 1st. Constructed on the foundations of a fortified mill, it has retained its keep.
- Dinner and night in B&B Gîtes de France®.
- Visit of the Saint Cosme priory : throuh rose gardens there is a house with the room where the poet Ronsard worked.
- Unaccompagnied visit of the gardens of Villandry. Unique in France : "the water garden", "the decorative pleasure garden" with the "garden of Love", "the music garden", "the jardin des simples" herb garden and the ornemental vegetable garden.
CHAMBRE D'HOTES Gîtes de France®
Price per person in a double room
Minimum 2 persons - Valid from May to mid October 2013
The price includes :
2 nights with breakfasts in B&B Gîtes de France®
Dinners "table d'hôtes" withe the B&B hosts, drinks included
Admission to the sites featured in the programme
The price does not include :
Admin cost of : 16.00 €
- Tel. : +33 (0)2 47 27 27 31
- Fax : +33 (0)2 47 48 13 39
- Loire Valley castles - Request