We suggest you spend a weekend, half-board, in a castle :
- Le Château de Rochecotte, XVIIIth century residence, situated west of Tours, in a wooded 20 ha park, which combines comfort, elegance and peace. Beautifully decorated rooms, French style gardens, heated outdoors swimming pool…
- Arrival in Touraine during the morning.
- Unaccompanied visit of the Royal Castle of 'Amboise: cradle of the Renaissance. Built in the XV and XVIth century on the orders of Charles VIII, Louis XII and François the 1st, the Amboise castle has been one of the first truly “royal” residences.
- Unaccompanied visit of Chenonceau Castle : French Renaissance gem, the Chenonceau Castle was built in 1513 by Thomas Bohier, tax collector for François the 1st. Constructed on the foundations of a fortified mill, it has retained its keep.
- Dinner and night in a **** hotel.
- Unaccompanied visit of Azay-le-Rideau Castle : Built on piles on a small island on the river Indre, this castle was built between 1518 and 1527 on the site of an earlier fortress. The castle was originally the residence of Gilles Berthelot, Tresurer of France and has survived without any major alteration.
- Unaccompanied visit of the Villandry Gardens: unique in France : the “Water Garden”, the “Decorative pleasure Garden” with the “Love Garden”, the “Music Garden” the “Medicinal plants Garden” and the “Ornamental vegetable garden”.
CHATEAU DE ROCHECOTTE
Price per person in a double room
218,00 € / 229,00 €
Low season from 01/11 to 31/12/2013 (218 €) - High season from 29/03 to 31/10 (229 €)
The price includes :
1 night with breakfast in a **** castle hotel
1 dinner in the hotel restaurant, without drinks
Admission to the sites listed in the programme
Tourist tax at the Château de Rochecotte
The price does not include :
Drinks at the restaurant
Admin charge : 16.00 €
Valid from march to december 2013
- Tel. : +33 (0)2 47 27 27 31
- Fax : +33 (0)2 47 48 13 39
- Ideas for a Gift - Request