- Arrival in Touraine during the afternoon.
- Unaccompanied visit of the Chenonceau château. French Renaissance gem, the Chenonceau château was built in 1513 by Thomas Bohier, tax collector for François the 1st. Constructed on the foundations of a fortified mill, it has retained its keep.
- Dinner and accommodation in the B & B Gîtes de France®
- Unaccompanied visit of the Amboise Castle : in the steps of great French kings you will discover a prestigious witnessof Gothic and Renaissance architecture.
- Unaccompanied visit of the Clos Lucé Manor where Leonardo da Vinci spent the last three years of his life. You will be able to admire the 40 fabulous machines designed by this forerunner of genius and executed by IBM using materials of the time: the first aeroplane, the helicopter, the parachute, etc A pictorial and audio-visual itinerary helps discovering in an interactive way, with new techniques of expression, the many facets of Leonardo da Vinci’s genius. (from May to the end of October.
- Wine cellar visit and wine tasting of 3 Loire wine complementing regional fare.
- Dinner in a gastronomic restaurant and night in a Gîtes de France®.
- Discover the Amboise market (Friday and Sunday mornings).
- Visit to the Chaumont-sur-Loire Garden Festival : All through the season, gardens designed on the 2013 theme "Gardens of sensations".
B&B Gîtes de France®
Price per person in a double room
Minimum 2 persons - Valid from May to mid October 2013
The price does not include :
Admin costs of : 16.00 €
- Tel. : +33 (0)2 47 27 27 31
- Fax : +33 (0)2 47 48 13 39
- Ideas for a Gift - Request