Staying in a character house, part of an old wine growing property, not far from Azay-le-Rideau.
- Unaccompanied visit of the Azay le Rideau castle : built in piles on a small island on the river Indre, Azay le Rideau was constructed from 1518 to 1527 in the site of an earlier fortress. This castle, which originally belonged to Gilles Berthelot, treasurer of France, has survived without any major alteration. Its discrete history contrasts with the brilliant architecture with epitomises the new Renaissance ideal.
- Unaccompanied visit of the troglodyte valley of Goupillières. In a exceptional natural setting, you will discover a group of troglodyte farms with wells, bread ovens, cowsheds and farm animals. A medieval underground refuge will be one of the visit's highlights.
- Gastronomic dinner and night in the B&B.
- Departure after breakfast.
B & B Gîtes de France®
Price per person in a double room
Minimum 2 persons - Valid from April to mid November 2013
The price includes :
3 nights in B&B Gîtes de France® with breakfast
Admission to the sites featured in the programme
2 meals "table d'hôtes" prepared by the B&B hosts, drinks included
1 gastronomic dinner in a restaurant, drinks not included
1 lunch in a rural inn, drinks not included.
The price does not include :
Lunch for the 1st and 3rd days
Drinks during dinner ans lunch at the restaurant
Admin charge of : 16.00 €
- Tel. : +33 (0)2 47 27 27 31
- Fax : +33 (0)2 47 48 13 39
- Wine and Gastronomy tours - request